Chef Lysa Davis

Chef Lysa Davis
Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rachael Ray's Pasta w/ Citrus Cream Sauce

This is one of the reasons why I call this blog 'All STAR Recipes' because I love the Food Network and the wonderful chefs that inspire me there. I will include my favorite star recipes from time to time on the blog, with my personal twist on them as an option.


This is one of my favorite Rachael Ray recipes! If you like creamy, citrus flavoring- you'll love this dish! As a chef, I had to add my own twist to it and you'll see that listed below in red. Enjoy!


Pasta w/ Citrus Cream Sauce


Makes 2 servings


Ingredients:

1 Cup Heavy Cream

2 T. Cognac or Dry Sherry (I use 'rum extract' for a non-alcohol option)

The zest of 1 lemon (I also use 1/2 lemons juice)

The zest of 1 large navel orange (I also use 1/2 oranges juice)

1/2 t. Kosher Salt

2 T. Fresh Mint, chopped (3 springs)

12 Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded ir torn

1/2 Lb. Linguine

1/2 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese


Directions:

In a skillet over medium-low heat, warm cream. Add cognac, sherry or rum extract, zest of lemon, orange, juices, and salt. Simmer 7- 10 minutes. Add mint and basil. Toss hot, drained pasta with sauce and top with grated cheese.



Nutrition facts per serving: 733 calories, 53 g fat, 33 g saturated fat, 184 mg cholesterol, 39 g carbohydrates, 19 g protein, 1,095 mg sodium, 2 g fiber





No comments: